Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Thankful Tuesday

The storm/s have finally passed.  In more ways than one it seems. 

We're supposed to be getting another one, but reports so far seem to indicate it will bypass us.  Fingers crossed.

I had the best news yesterday: that job I've been angling for the last month? The one with the wicked interview?  They called yesterday.  They still are interested and would like a second interview this week.  SWEET.  I'm gonna kill it.  I'm gonna NAIL this.  I'm going to make this happen.  I know I can do this.  And I will :D

So yeah.  Storm has passed, as did that awful mercury retrograde.  Now things are going to move slowly back to what they were, or as close to the momentum of what was, before the figurative s**t hit the fan and made all our lives do a cartwheel.

My attention now has refocused on events and things that were going on prior to the storms.  I need to figure out what I want to be for Halloween for example.  Do I really want to be Toph?  Will people appreciate my effort?  Do I have enough money to get the costume made in time?  Pressing questions to be sure.  Well not really, but hmmm.  Maybe I could go as Max from Where the Wild Things Are.  The fur may be a little too hot though, especially for this climate.  But look at them:


And I've been wanting to copy this style:

I'm hoping that with this new job (50% in the bag...so I won't say I've gotten it til I really truly have signed contracts hahaha!) comes a new me.  It seems like the perfect time to start again. 

After the storm, after the mess, time to clean up and start over.  It's time I haul my ass my the bootstraps and get to it.  No one else will do it for me but me. 

I could start with this (Thanks to my friend Lourdes hahaha!):

Anyway, time to finish stuff and get a move on.  Here's to looking ahead. :)

No comments: