Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tiring Tuesday

I'm in full blast warp speed girl crushing on Lily Allen. Just thought I'd start with a happy thought. :) People are telling me her 2nd album, which I just bought the other day, is a little too poppy already, which means that I'll probably also love her first album too, probably more than I do this one.

Moving on, today was slow, and that's saying something from someone who actually hasn't done anything except sit around and watch youtube all day. Ok that's not true, I've also done some work for those projects I've got, which I have realised this morning with a panic-stricken gasp, are all lined up for next week. C's project events must MUST start the marketing soon. The gigs need to be put up everywhere I can manage.

So today, I actually made the poster for the cartoon gig we're having next Thursday, on the 2nd. I hope it's ok. Took me a bit of time, and my lovely friend, Leo, tends to sleep when the sun is up and wake up when it goes down. These musicians, I tell you. :) We also need to confirm perhaps one more band in the lineup. All should be settled tomorrow.

Man, and I'm SINGING on Tuesday next! I just realised that too. Just NOW. Dear oh dear.

I've finished the contracts for the artists for C's project events which should be ok with everyone. Now it's just a matter of getting everyone together at one time just to sign it all and go through all the logistics, especially what kind of paint they will need for the wall painting exercise. I've at least also locked down MTV and a magazine to come and cover it for us.

Damn, I hope the other band I'm supposed to play for forgets about our jamming this week. I could use a break truly. Then again, it's a long weekend so I should stop being a ninny and put a lid on the complaining.

Long weekend! I can't wait to just hang about and not do anything, except maybe clean the flat as well as make food for the rest of the week. Throw out the unnecessary and rotting (ew) food in the fridge. Hmmmm....maybe I should do that tonight. Or tomorrow. Just to free up some space. Then I can get some meat from the market and make a whole bunch of patties: fish, pork, beef...then just reheat or cook them up for myself during the next week.

I've also decided that I want, nay I NEED a red jacket. I feel I would look good in one. Maybe something like this:

Kate Spade
Oh so cute!

I've also decided that for the day, I'm done with my cartoons! I must peel myself away from the Gummy Bears, Last Unicorn, etc. And yet.....

Ok. I must focus on dinner tonight: grilled chicken and chimichurri sauce. yes that's it. Must grill those asparagus too. Yes....ok.

And NOW back to Jem! :)

No comments: