Tuesday, October 20, 2009

take-it-easy Tuesday

The last few days have been painful and at the same time a whirlwind to me.  As I mentioned in my blog a few days ago, my cousin Mike unexpectedly died in his sleep.

I didn't take that too well just because when we were so close before, we were so far from each other right before he died.  He was just living a lifestyle I didn't approve of, and thought that the best course of action to do was to "tough love" it out, and leave him be.  This apparently was shared by several people, and I wasn't the only one.  Unfortunately, we're all now wishing we didn't be so tough on the love.  It's still a shock and I'm still slowly trying to get over it. I don't know if I can, but I will try. 

The last few days also held a few "parties" for him at his house.  People just dropping by with a boatload of alcohol, and hanging out and talking, and catching up.  This would last til the wee hours of the mornings, and though I KNOW in my prime I could do it, nowadays it has left me sick and tired.  Maybe there was a point to all the tough love after all.

Also, we had a few friends from England that I took out last night.  Nice night all around, got a bit drunk, but I got them on their flight to the beach this morning so all is well. They will be back in a few days and it will start all over again.

I'm about to play a gig on the 29th with one of the biggest bands here in the Philippines.  To say I'm nervous would be a monumental understatement.  I just hope I don't screw up too badly. 

I've decided to start cleaning out my desk today at work.  So I think I"ll need just one more trip to the office and I"m good.  Aside from that, I need to settle accounts with the grand master of HR and finance so I can be on my merry way away from them.  And of course the sooner the better.

Anyway, steady as she blows.  I may just get out of this yet.  :)

No comments: