Thursday, December 10, 2009

My mother

My mother is a very, very misunderstood person.  She is loving and wise, quirky and funny, as well as forward looking, innovative even, but traditional.  Others may think of her uh, differently, but I will always see her as Mommy.

I was inspired by THIS blog and its entry.  Also because I've been hanging around my family so much, I thought why the heck not.  Also, 8 is my mother's favorite number, aside from the size of her shoesies. :)

1. Your hair is your crowning glory.  However weird your clothes are, if you're hair is neat, you will look neat.  (My dad said that a measure of someone's cleanliness and hygiene is if their nails are neat and clean.)

2. Every woman should have good posture.  It also shows your confidence when you have none. 

3. There are different kinds of strength and sometimes, it is really, really quiet so it is mistaken for weakness.

4. You can shut someone up with a look. (In tagalog, "makuha ka sa tingin")

5. Every woman should learn how to depend on herself. 

6. You can never love too much.

7. Makeup can be taken off with Ponds Cold Cream and be used as overall body moisturizer.

8. There is always, ALWAYS hope. 

I love my mommy :) 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm such a mama's boy. This made me shed a tear at the OD (office desk).

*points to self*

Such a softy when it comes to mommy matters.