Monday, September 7, 2009

Moderation Monday

I'm personally thanking the heavens that on Friday night, today was declared a non-working holidiay. WHEW.  Now I can get over this stupid sickness that's been brought about by just too much going out.  I have realised that YES.  I am not as young as I used to be and however much my mind is willing, the body cannot (and will dig its heels in if it has to), and WILL not follow.  Even if I cajole it with a nice midnight snack to soften the blow. 

So today I have decided to schedule my yearly alcohol fast, wherein one whole month, I will not drink alcohol.  Now this may seem natural to you, and that I'm just being an alcoholic, but it's true, most times I go out, I tend to have a beer, or four.  Each year, I try and remedy that by giving my liver a break before the MAJOR holidays and take a month off.  I've decided that this year it will be done by end of this month and it'll run into October.

I'll make sure though that by Halloween, I can have a beer again.  I am planning a prod after all for around that time.  I'd like to be able to drink at least A LITTLE.  I should just moderate it PERIOD. 

I have done NOTHING of what I set out to do this weekend, except for help with the dinner that we had on Saturday night here in the house.  I made the salad and the mash, which went great with E's chicken.  WOW. His chicken was the best thing he's ever cooked.  EVER. 

Anyway, I will rest up today because I feel so so awful and get on with my week tomorrow when everything opens again. :)  I hope by that time I'll be ok too.

No comments: