Sunday, September 13, 2009

steady Sunday

Just chilling at home, and finishing my delivered fries from Mcdonald's.  Musing about life and where it has gotten me.  Seeing my new beautiful tattoo and knowing the pain was worth it. :)
I stayed in last night, which I haven't done in a while and just watched West Wing.  Felt awesome!  And wow do I love that show now more than ever before.  I've never really gotten the nuances and small "in" jokes they had since I'd watch it sporadically and only when it was on.  Thank the heavens my friend has the complete series and was kind enough to lend it to me.  :)
But I'm so happy that I got my tattoo.  This is the tattoo I've been wanting for what, 7 years now?  I thought about it during the darker part of my life, when I was going nowhere fast and when I simultaneously realised that I wasn't that I wasn't the center of ANY universe.  That was also the time I found myself, what I wanted, where I wanted to go and most importantly WHAT I WANTED TO BE.  So this tattoo means more to me than the others, just because it is not because of anyone else, FOR anyone else, but it was my own realisation that life, MY LIFE, will not be anyone else's.  It's crazy to think that 7 years ago, which seems like a whole entire lifetime ago now, something that I thought, still applies today. 
It says "OMNES MET DAEMONES VIRES AMISERINT" in Latin. I took it from lyrics of a song of Fat Boy Slim and Macy Gray, and it says, "ALL OF MY DEMONS WILL WITHER AWAY".  The reason why I wanted the placement on my right foot is because my demons will always be my weakness, just as Achilles had his heel (which by most accounts was his right one).  Also because of the placement, my demons are my weakness, but something I also figuratively step on, and therefore can get over and overcome.  Thus, the tattoo.  S is a really good tattoo artist and I'm so happy she did this for me.  She even did it so it looked Elven!  The geek in me reigns supreme :)
Anyway, I'm going to go back to being horizontal for a while.  I like Sundays :)

No comments: